Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors with over 7,000 members. It is a collective management organisation and has agreements with the UK public sector broadcasters and collecting societies in over 25 countries, collecting and distributing money on behalf of British film and television directors for over 25 years. We also provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, trade discounts, skills and career development.
Job role and duties:
To manage the work of the distribution team, ensuring that work is delivered to a high standard, maintaining a high level of professionalism and accuracy when processing payments to members.
Key Relationships/Reporting to:
- Director of Distribution
- Head of Foreign Collections
- Distribution Team
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Manging the work of a small distribution team.
- Managing the analysis and preparation of distribution reports for processing and ensuring compliance with the company distribution rules.
- Overseeing the Distribution Supervisor to ensure that the work of the distribution team is accurate, efficient and meets target deadlines.
- Overseeing and improving department operating procedures and training notes to ensure maximum efficiency and enhance accuracy.
- Assisting in the preparation of foreign reports for allocation and distribution.
- Liaise with existing (and new) Third-Party companies to ensure that usage reporting due under the UK Rights Agreement meets our requirements, and proactively work with these organisations to improve the standard of reporting.
- Managing the handling of payments under the Residuals scheme, including the tracking down of non-member directors, and ensure payments are distributed accurately and efficiently.
- Contributing to, and minuting, Distribution Committee meetings.
- Assist with targeted ad hoc projects including the development of the distribution scheme.
- Dealing with member’s general queries as and when required.
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Ability to lead and develop specific projects
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, friendly, positive and team-driven approach
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good research skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Highly numerate and proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Working knowledge/experience of databases
- High degree of discretion, an awareness of handling confidential data (including some knowledge of GDPR)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Applicants who also have some of the skills set out below would be particularly welcome:
- Experience of managing small teams
- Knowledge of the work of Collective Management Organisations in the UK and royalties
Terms of employment:
Reporting to: Director of Distribution
Salary: £37,000 pro rata per annum Full Time Employment (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Work Days: Monday to Friday
Location: London, Stukeley Street office [only]
Contract: Minimum six-month fixed term contract [Maternity Cover] with possibility for extension
- Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays) pro rata
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly Fresh Fruit
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
This appointment is subject to satisfactory references and completion of a three-month probationary period.
To apply please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (maximum 500 words) and
- a CV
Applications closing date: 1st December 2019
Interviews are due to take place: Week commencing 2nd December 2019 at the Directors UK Offices.
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice:
Please see our document here for full details in regard to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018